Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Call it Courage- Milos

Call it Courage

Blog by: Milos Milovanovic
Author of book: Armstrong Sperry

The book i am reeding is Call it Courage. I really ike this book meaning that it is cool and nice to read. Manly i like adventure books like this one. This book is award winning of the most distinguished contribution to American literature for kids. I recommend reading it!

This book is about a boy who lost his mom on a boat that was sinking. His dad is a chief. I think this book is going to have a lot of adventure in it because it already tells me about some interesting parts that I can predict what is going to happen. The boys name is Mafatu and he is 14 years old. He is afraid of the water since his mom died. Mafatu is a brave boy and smart. He studies all the time. Also he has two pets: One is the albatross and the other one is his dog. His dogs name is Uri. Mafatu doesn't know what to do if he had lost his pets. Uri and the albatross always stick with Mafatu and he has them since he was young.


WORDS I DONT KNOW:
The reading level of this book is a good level for me meaning that it is for grade 6 and i rely like the words used. The first word I found interesting is destruction. I find this word interesting because it reminds me of destroying things and a song that goes like that. The second word i didn't know was muttered. This word means not talking clearly or not speaking clearly. It also means not giving directions that clear.








No comments:

Post a Comment