Sunday, November 8, 2015

Out of my mind (Ronia)

For my book report, I am reading a realistic fiction novel called "Out of my mind." The author of this book is a woman named Sharon M. Draper. This book won the Coretta Scott King award and is a New  York times bestseller. The current settings at the moment are Melody's house (main character's house), a supermarket, and many doctor's offices. Her house is where Melody spends the most time for now. The supermarket became a setting when Melody and her mom went there and something interesting happened. The doctor's office was where Melody's mom took her often so the doctors could figure out what is wrong with her (there is actually nothing wrong about her). One unknown word that I found in this book was candid. Candid means something that is truthful or straightforward. An example sentence  that I thought of is the following: The president has been quite candid on this topic. Another unknown word which I found in this book is ambling. The definition of ambling is walking or moving in a leisure way. An example sentence that I made for this word is the following: The cows are ambling along the rocky road. I am really enjoying this book and from what I have read, I recommend it to people who enjoy sad books (it is very sad).

1 comment: