Saturday, November 7, 2015

My Side of the Mountain - Miles

My Side of the Mountain
By: Jean Craighead George
I am reading My Side of the Mountain the first book of three. This book is about a boy who ran away from home. The current setting is in the boy's home. This home was dug out from a tree. The boy's home is small because he dug his home with his own hands. The boy describes his home like this as you walk in on the right is my bed on the left is a fireplace that is about knee high. The time of this story is in the present. The boy also has a pet falcon that he trained. 

Unknown Words:
Smothered: Covering something
I ate them smothered with blueberry jam.
Carefree: Free from responsibility.
It was good to be whistling and carefree again, because I was sure scared by the coming storm.      

No comments:

Post a Comment