Sunday, September 8, 2013

Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland/Through the Looking Glass

Book: Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland/Through the Looking Glass
Author: Lewis Carroll
Summarized by: Jana Petrovic
Pages read: 53/233

I am reading a book called "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland" by Lewis Carroll. Lewis Carroll was a math teacher and he made friends with lots of different girls throughout his life and the most famous girls are Lorina, Alice and Edith who he wrote the two stories, "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland" and "Through the Looking-Glass. I chose this book because I heard that it is a good and interesting book to read and because I've watched the movie many times but I've never actually read this book before. This book is about how Alice, a little girl follows a rabbit and gets into trouble. Here is a short summary of the beginning of the book:

One day Alice was sitting with her sister on the bank, when a White Rabbit ran close by her. Alice thought there was nothing unusual about that rabbit until the rabbit said: “Oh dear! I shall be late!” and actually took a watch out of his pocket. Alice thought it over and decided to follow him. The rabbit led Alice to a rabbit hole and when the White Rabbit went down, Alice went down whit him. When Alice was inside the rabbit hole she felt like she was sliding down for ages.

Finally when she got to the end she stood up and looked around. There were plenty of doors but none of them had a key. Afterwards the rabbit appeared in a hurry again and dropped some gloves and a fan. Because she was holding the fan she started to shrink. Realizing what was happening, she let go of the fan, just in time to stop herself from shrinking completely. Because she was crying previously, due to the shrinking, the tears she cried became a pool. Later she came upon a mouse that led her out of there. When Alice finally got out she ran towards the woods. In the woods, Alice gets into more and more trouble.

The book is really interesting, and it gives great descriptions that help you visualize everything that's happening in the book. I recommend this book to everyone who loves to read fiction, mixed with a little bit of adventure. A new word I learned is incessantly, and it to do something all the time, constantly, continually endlessly etc. The sentence I found it in was: "And yet you incessantly stand on your head". 

8 comments:

  1. why so much?but is interesting

    ReplyDelete
  2. why so much?but is interesting

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Jano,
    Your post is very interesting and detailed, I love Alice in Wonderland, I have to read that book sometime soon.
    Ana Marija Sumic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really should I think you' like it.

      Delete
  4. Hello Jana
    Your post is epic. I read Alice in wonderland and it is AMAZING! If you like Alice in Wonderland, then you should read the second book/

    Sky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I am reading both books for my book report since Alice in Wonderland is too short

      Delete