Sunday, September 8, 2013

Inkheart

Now I am reading a book called Inkheart, by Cornelia Funke. I am on page 388.
Enhanced by Zemanta
Cover of "Inkheart"
Cover of Inkheart
It is about a girl, called Meggie, and her father, Mortimer. One night, as Meggie is reading a book in her candlelit room, she sees a figure standing outside the window. She calls her dad over and he opens the door to the stranger. It turns out, Mo (Meggie has never called her dad other than Mo) knows the stranger! His name is Dustfinger. As Meggie and her dad continue through this journey, Meggie finally understands why her dad has never read to her out loud. Mo's name is in fact Silvertounge, and he can make characters from any book appear.  As Meggie travels with him, she learns more and more about her mother, who her father said that she went away for a long time. 

1 comment:

  1. I like the book that you are reading. It sounds interesting. I am sure that you worked really hard on finishing the book.I can tell that you know a lot about that book.I really like the way you explain the pages you read and I hope like the book which you are reading. I can't wait to read it when you are done you really inspired me when you were explaining.I can tell that you have fun reading it and that's what mostly matters to readers is that its interesting and if its interesting to you then everyone else will be interested while you are explaining. That's what I learned from one of my teachers in 5th Grade.
    I liked it so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete