Sunday, September 8, 2013

Trash

Pic It Up-And Keep It Hidden.
This week I am reading a book called Trash. The author of this book is Andy Mulligan. This book is about a dumpsite boy and his life when finding something very valuable that brings with it terrifying consequences and hard decisions he and his friends have to make. It all start's one unlucky-lucky day when Raphael Fernandez was digging through trash. He finds a small leather bag with a wallet, folded up map, key, papers, photos and an ID card. After a while the police comes looking for that same small leather bag explaining that it is very valuable and that it could help uncover a mystery...I am not going to tell you the rest because that would be spoiling the book for the people who want to read it. I almost forgot, one of the words I found new to my vocabulary is sack. "Sack means a large bag of strong, coarsely woven material, as for grain, potatoes, or coal." Example: The sack of potatoes will come in a week. However, I am now on page 51. I look forward to reading the rest of the book and enjoying all their adventures as well as uncovering all the secrets left to uncover. 

1 comment:

  1. Dear Nina,
    Your blog entry is amazing and the book seems very interesting! I would probably like to read it after you:) Great Job!


    Ivana Lalic

    ReplyDelete