Sunday, September 15, 2013

Cinder - Marissa Meyer

Here I am, once again doing a blog post on the book Cinder by Marrisa Meyer, which I will be doing my book project on. Now I am on page 266 of  390 pages, I am enjoying it very much! It is a very modern and slightly strange twist on Cinderella...
As you may remembered, it is about a Cyborg called Cinder who lives in New Beijing, in the Eastern Commonwealth. It is set in the far future, and the world is very much a different place. The years are measured in system unknown to us now, as it is in the year 126 T.E... (I believe... I am used to normal old  2013 years, so I was not in total understanding of how time goes by.)
It may not describe the weather or time of year, but you can very much get the atmosphere and feeling of being there.
The main setting, New Beijing is a place with many troubles. The ruling emperor of the Commonwealth has the plague, and the heir to the throne is 19 year old Prince Kai. The whole population is at risk of Leutimosis (the official name for the plague) and a lot of people are quarantined and staying in their homes.  Certain turns of events - such as their sworn enemies landing and brainwashing them, make it seem.. not exactly the nicest place ever.
Cinder spends most of her time at the palace and the palace hospital , as she has a (seemingly) rare immunity to the plague. It is very different to hospitals today, as there are Med-Droids all around to help (these are specially trained androids, or robots) . It is all very modern, and the doctors are very well trained in practice, on both humans and cyborgs!
The whole book has an interesting and kind of scary atmosphere at the same time, making it really enjoyable, and it really makes the plot even better!

3 comments:

  1. I think our future will be exactly like in this book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think our future will be exactly like in this book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good post. I think I will consider reading the book.A lot of details.One of the best summary's I've read.Very interesting.Nice job...

    ReplyDelete