Sunday, September 29, 2013

Private Peaceful (Post four)

Hi guys,
I have finished Private Peaceful all 202 pages of it!
Here is a picture of Michael Morpurgo (the author) and Private peaceful book:  


                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Comment: I think that this book is a very educational book. I think so because the whole book is written using facts.  Michael Morpurgo wrote at the end of the book how before he wrote this book he went and interviewed lots of people who were fighting in world war one and he used their experiences to write the book.


Thomas had a lot of obstacles his life but I will only write about two.  One of his major obstacles that he had to conquer was when his family started to lose money and then Colonel said that he would kick them out if Charlie and Thomas had to go and fight in the war for a year. "So he decided that now is the time for every able-bodied man who lives or works on his estate,every one who can be spared, to volunteer, to go off to war and do his bit for king and country..." (page 100)

The second most important obstacle in his life that I think was very important was him seeing all his friends and family die by his side. For example, he was there when his dad died and his brother died in the war and he was really shaken up by all of these deaths. He decided that he needed to survive and go and take care of his family. I think that was a very big achievement, keeping your head held high and having a goal that you simply are dying to reach. "All I know is that I must survive. I have promises to keep" (Page 195)


Hope that you enjoyed my blog post,

Anka

No comments:

Post a Comment