Sunday, September 15, 2013

The Hobbit

   The book I am reading for my book report is a book called 'The Hobbit', by J.R.R. Tolkien. I read 26 pages out of 351 pages.

   This is a great book about adventure, and the setting of this story was a land called Middle-Earth, and this doesn't have a specific setting because the characters traveled around Middle-Earth. But it all started in Hobbiton, in The Shire, where Bilbo Baggins, one of the main characters lived.
  The story happened a long time ago (the past), and it didn't said exactly when this happened. But it was obvious that this story happened a long time ago because of its environment. (I will only give one example not to spoil the story) The characters used swords instead of guns and new high-tech weapons made today.
   It was probably Spring in the beginning of the book, because it was described that there were less noise and more green. I don't know the exact climate of this story because I haven't read all of it, but in the beginning it was a warm sunny weather. I know this because it was written that the weather was nice and it made Bilbo come outside.

   The setting's mood would be happy, green, and nice, because where the hobbits lived was a happy place with a lot of green and colorful things.

6 comments:

  1. Sorry I didn't read a lot. I couldn't read a lot because the book was soaked and it was drying... Now that it dried I will read it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing post and great book choice. I am also reading the Hobbit as a story at home. Once you get a little further into the story, you will not want to stop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing post and great book choice. I am also reading the Hobbit as a story at home. Once you get a little further into the story, you will not want to stop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never read The Hobbit so I'm looking forward to reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never read The Hobbit so I'm looking forward to reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for commenting! And this book IS a great book, so if you want an adventure story, you should totally read it! :)

    ReplyDelete