Saturday, September 14, 2013

Matilda

Matilda
by Roald Dahl
66/240 pages
Review by Shelly Ness

In this book the author doesn't really say the weather.But he says a bit of the setting. He explains that Matilda goes to the library a lot at the afternoon and that every single night she and her family watch the TV with their dinner on trays. In the beginning they explain about the past and how Matilda could read,write and think like a grown up. The mood of the place is always different! sometimes terrifying and funny! (when Matilda switched her mom's blonde dye with her dad's gel) but sometimes when no one is home, only her alone it's very quiet.

6 comments:

  1. I really love this book, and I totally think that you explained the mood very well:). I thought it was mostly hilarious though... Though some bits towards the end are TERRRRIFYINGGGG!

    Ummmm..... GEMMA :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog post Shelly, I love this book, and think that you did a great job reviewing Matilda.

    Ana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Shelly,

    Good blog post!I like how you where honest, and said that there was no weather, I also liked how you explained everything in detail.( Matilda is a awesome book!!!)

    Sincerely,
    Nikola Red Star

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Shelly,
    I love the way that you put an example (in brackets)! That is funny! I've read the book and i totally agree with you!
    Love,
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read this book in the past and is very cool.I love it!Nice job Shelly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read this book in the past and is very cool.I love it!Nice job Shelly!

    ReplyDelete